Reflex Scooter - Features
- Powerful 249cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine produces
impressive power for quick takeoffs and passing.
- Aluminum cylinder head features a 10.5:1 compression ratio.
Its design is optimized for maximum intake velocity, providing
immediate response at low- to mid-range speeds, and excellent
cruising and passing power at highway speeds.
- 30mm CV carburetor offers superb throttle response and excellent
- Maintenance-free fully transistorized ignition assures immediate
and reliable power.
- Auto-enriching system eliminates the need for a manual choke.
- Air injection system ensures efficient combustion of exhaust
gases and reduces exhaust emissions.
- Fan-cooled radiator assures consistent engine operating
temperatures and long engine life. The radiator is located
in the base of the frame, maximizing storage bin capacity.
- Push-button electric starter provides quick, effortless
- Lightweight and quiet exhaust system.
- Honda V-Matic(tm) belt drive system provides sophisticated
three-stage operation, matching the engine's strong low- and
mid-range power to a wide range of operating conditions. Stage
One delivers efficient, quiet power for around-town cruising;
Stage Two provides increased power for moderate acceleration;
and Stage Three provides maximum power for full acceleration
and top speed.
- Durable steel frame is lightweight yet strong, providing
an optimum combination of rigidity and flexibility for superb
- Lightweight, single-side aluminum swingarm is both attractive
and functional, simplifying rear wheel removal.
- Stout, 33mm hydraulic front fork with 3.9 inches of suspension
travel provides a plush, well-controlled ride.
- Dual rear shocks have 4.7 inches of travel and seven-position
spring preload adjustability for a smooth, comfortable ride.
Rearward mounting of the rear shocks allows a large-capacity
underseat storage compartment.
- Hydraulic 240mm front disc brake and lightweight, 220mm
rear disc brake offer excellent stopping power.
- The Reflex's Combined Brake System features a three-piston
front caliper and a single-piston rear caliper. Rider application
of the front brake lever activates the two outer pistons of
the front caliper. Application of the rear brake lever, mounted
on the left handlebar, activates the single piston of the
rear caliper and the center piston of the front caliper. When
only the rear brake lever is used, an inline delay valve smooths
application of the front caliper piston.
- Optionally equipped Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS with Combined
Brake System) model features an electric-motor-driven modulator
which provides rapid and precise braking-pressure adjustments,
resulting in smooth ABS operation. The system incorporates
an integrated electronic control unit (ECU) into a simple
one-piece design, self-diagnostics with an interactive ECU
test function, and automatic protection against system failure.
- Stylish five-spoke cast aluminum wheels are lightweight
- Large, 13-inch 110/90 and 12-inch 130/70 tires provide excellent
- Wind-tunnel-developed full-coverage bodywork and windshield
are both beautiful and functional, protecting the rider from
the elements while reducing wind noise.
- Large air vent mounted in the front cowl feeds air behind
the windscreen to minimize low-pressure turbulence around
- Integrated floorboards angle upward in the front for optimum
rider foot placement when riding. Floorboards narrow below
the seat to allow the rider to place both feet on the ground
- Folding, cast aluminum passenger footrests are integrated
into the Reflex's supersport styling.
- Fully integrated four-meter instrument display features
analog displays for tachometer with 8300-rpm redline, speedometer,
fuel level and coolant temperature. An easy-to-read LCD clock
is mounted in the tachometer face; LCD readouts are also provided
for odometer and tripmeter. Indicator lights display turn-signal
and high-beam operation and parking brake application.
- Flush-mounted dual headlight design features computer-designed
multi-reflectors with one left-side-mounted 55-watt H7 low
beam and one right-side-mounted 55-watt H7 high beam; the
asymmetrical low-beam mode is complemented by the operation
of both lights in high-beam mode for superb lighting in nighttime
- Integrated S2000-style rear taillights complement the Reflex's
- Painted aluminum rear spoiler complements the Reflex's aerodynamic
profile and features passenger handgrips.
- Handlebar-mounted rear view mirrors utilize sporty housings.
- Wide, low, padded seat has an adjustable six-position rider
backrest that adjusts over a 2-inch range. The long, wide
passenger seat is very comfortable for all-day, two-up riding.
The spring-loaded locking seat opens to the side, allowing
easy loading of the storage compartment.
- Large-volume, lockable 33-liter underseat storage compartment
is large enough to store a briefcase or helmet. A convenience
lamp illuminates the storage compartment in low-light conditions.
- Lockable 7-liter front storage cabinet features two cup
trays built into the door.
- Convenient left-side panel storage pocket.
- Large, 3.2-gallon fuel tank offers extended cruising range.
The fuel door is located behind a locking cover in the frame
well between the floorboards.
- Convenient cable-operated parking brake is engaged by pulling
a large handle on the upper-right panel. Pressing down on
the handle releases the brake.
- Auto-adjusting rear parking brake.
- Powerful 12-volt electrical system and maintenance-free
battery offer superb reliability.
- Ignition switch/steering lock helps keep the Reflex secure
- Sidestand switch allows starting only if the sidestand
has been retracted and the rear brake lever is applied.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved
ISO graphic symbols.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty;
extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary Membership in
the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm). Benefits include discounts,
travel benefits, roadside assistance and much more. For HRCA(r)
details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
Reflex Scooter - Specifications
NSS250A(with ABS) /
Bore and Stroke
72.7mm x 60mm
SOHC; two valves per
30mm CV with auto-enricher
Automatic V-Matic belt
Front: 33mm hydraulic
fork; 3.9 inches travel
Rear: Single-side swingarm with dual hydraulic
shocks with seven-position spring preload adjustability;
4.7 inches travel
Front: Single 240mm
disc with CBS three-piston caliper
Rear: Single 220mm disc with CBS single-piston caliper
362 (NSS250A) / 351
version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.